Help to Buy
Reserve your brand new home with just 5% depositFind Out More
Miller’s Gate is a superb collection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in the charming and well connected small town of Soham.
Hopkins Homes is delighted to welcome you to this desirable community of new homes in rural Cambridgeshire. In Soham, with its schools, shops, businesses and country pubs, you’ll be surrounded by glorious countryside to make the most of your leisure time. Minutes from Newmarket and Ely, with its railway station, Soham is also close to the A14 for when you want to travel further.
Whether you’re a professional, have a growing family or you’re looking to downsize, you’ll find the perfect home here. Each one showcases our high standards and pride in what we do. Miller’s Gate is set in beautiful landscaping, with plenty of space to enjoy and there will be a play area for younger members of the family.
THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 7 PROPERTIES AVAILABLE
They have been designed, constructed and finished to the exacting standards you have come to expect from us, while they have been created to complement their gorgeous Cambridgeshire surroundings. Get an overview of the site layout, house positions, road network, green spaces and more using the siteplan below. Drag on the map to move around the site and use the icons in the top right corner to zoom in and out.
*Subject to terms and conditions. Please speak to our Sales Advisor for further information.
The computer generated images, floor plans, configurations and layouts are included for guidance only. Please refer to drawings in sales office. Floor Plans and Dimensions can only be given as a guide and are indicative of the House Type only. These are liable to change as build progresses. Please speak to the Sales Consultant for plot specific information.
An idyllic lifestyle awaits in pretty Soham, with green spaces and all the amenities you need close at hand. Enjoy a better pace of life in this friendly town with its supermarkets, play areas, library, medical centre, butcher’s, post office and churches. When you want to meet friends for coffee or lunch, there are several cafes, pubs and restaurants. Tuck into a traditional Portuguese meal at A Tasca or enjoy pub fare at The Red Lion.
Soham has primary and secondary schools, as well as pre-schools and nurseries, all within easy reach of Miller’s Gate. There is a good choice of independent schools too, including
those in nearby Ely and Newmarket. Neighbouring towns have a sixth form and further education colleges.
When you want to exercise or relax, three miles away is Isleham Nature Reserve, where you can run or take life at a more leisurely pace and listen to the sky larks. Soham’s well-equipped
Ross Peers Sports Centre has a gym and there are fitness classes for all ages. The Hive, Ely, is an 18-minute drive and offers state-of-the-art facilities including a gym, two swimming pools, sports hall and fitness studios. There is also a leisure club for the over 60s, where activities include short tennis, badminton and carpet bowls.
In just 15 minutes you can be in vibrant Newmarket to browse the excellent shops, visit the twice-weekly market or enjoy a delicious restaurant meal. There are several supermarkets in the town, including a Waitrose. You’ll discover Newmarket is much more than just the home of horse racing and has a rich culture and history, with plenty to see and do.
Ely, with its many attractions, is so close that you’ll want to be a frequent visitor, whether you are browsing the excellent range of independent shops, having a pub lunch, visiting the markets, or enjoying a riverside stroll. Ely Leisure Village has the perfect place to take in a film and a meal. If you are a golfer, the nearest club is Ely City Golf Club.
For a fun day out, or for work, Bury St Edmunds is 30-minute drive via the A142 and A14. The many attractions of Cambridge, including its world-renowned Science Park, shops and theatres, are a 40-minute drive, or a 20-minute train journey from Ely station. The station is just seven miles from Miller’s Gate and from here you can be at London King’s Cross in a little over an hour. Stansted Airport, gateway to a host of international destinations, is 42 minutes away via the A11 and M11, or 50 minutes by train.
Newmarket 6.8 miles
Ely Train Station 7.5 miles
Cambridge 18.8 miles
Stansted Airport 38.5 miles
King’s Lynn 43.4 miles
(from Ely train station)
Cambridge 16 mins
Thetford 22 mins
King’s Lynn 30 mins
Norwich 56 mins
King’s Cross 69 mins
All travel times and distances are approximate and are courtesy of theaa.com and nationalrail.co.uk
School places not guaranteed. Before making a commitment to purchase please make your own enquiries as to amenities/facilities in the immediate/surrounding areas and the availability of school places. Do not rely upon any information provided in this respect on this website. It is provided in good faith but satisfy yourself in all regards prior to committing to purchase.
A specification of the highest quality
• Choice of kitchen cupboards and worktops
• Neff oven, hob and cooker hood fitted as standard
• Plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher where possible
• Choice of Porcelanosa wall tiles from our selected range
• Choice of flooring from our selected range
• Superfast FTTP broadband
• Mains wired smoke detector to all homes
• Mains wired carbon monoxide detectors to plots with fireplaces
• TV points to living room, study and all bedrooms
• Telephone/data points to living room, study and all bedrooms
• Media plate to living room
• Car charging spur to certain plots
• Single or dual zone central heating via thermostatically controlled
radiators depending upon plot
• White Roca sanitaryware throughout with chrome-effect mixer taps
• Outside tap to certain plots
• Moulded skirting and architraves painted white
• Timber staircase to certain plots, painted white
• Timber windows as standard
• Four-panel internal doors with chrome-effect handles
• Fitted wardrobes to certain bedrooms
• Kitchen – between worktop and wall cupboards
• Bathroom – half-height all round
• En-Suite – full-height to shower cubicle with splashback to hand
basin and tiled window sill where applicable
• Cloakroom – splashback to hand basin and tiled window sill
• Tile trim where applicable
• Loft light where applicable
• Front garden landscaped and turfed where applicable
• Rear garden cleared, rotivated and topsoiled where applicable
• Coving to certain areas
• Feature fireplace included to selected plots
• Multi-point locks to external doors
• Lighting and double power sockets to certain garages
• All internal walls painted Crown Snowfall
If you’d like to see the full brochure for this development add your details to the form and we’ll send you a link which will allow you to download it in PDF format. If you’d prefer to browse the brochure in its physical form, get in touch with us and we will send you a copy in the post.
Register your interest using the form on the right, or call our team on 01353 885893